Your support will help us to support the homeless people of Cape Town and by pulling together we can make a difference.
1 person for 1 week
1 person for 1 month
1 person for 3 months
We support our clients by providing:
- Food, wellness clinics and other essential training needs through our partnerships with various other Non-Profit organisations.
- Short term accommodation facilities at the Geoff Burton House for 40 men at any one time, to helping them get back on their feet and to move back into the community.
- Social support from our Social Care team, including Life Skills training.
- Ablution facilities from 07h30 – 10h00 every weekday, where clients can shower and wash their clothes. (This will be reinstated once COVID-19 lockdown has been lifted).
Your continued support will bring hope to the homeless. Thank you.
All money donations are eligible for a tax deduction. Please contact Sharnelle@thehopeexchange.org so we can provide you with a with section 18A tax certificate.
Become a regular or corporate donor or sponsor
Get in touch with the team to see how you can become a partner. Email us at email@example.com to set up a meeting.
Alternative ways to give back
Volunteer your time
You can also volunteer your time and get involved in various activities when it suits you. Our main event every year is the #feeed5000 campaign that runs during the December festive season. Come and help us cook and serve more than 6 000 meals in 22 days, make new friends and meet some amazing people.
Contact the office to find out more.
For our clients, we constantly need clothing, shoes and toiletries. Below is a list of some of the items we are always in need of to service our clients.
- Soap: liquid soap, hotel soap or even leftovers
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Razors and Prep cream
- Body lotions, cream and roll-on
- Nail clippers
- Women’s intimate hygiene items
- Washing powder
- Towels and facecloths
- Dry and tinned foods to stock up on for our #feed5000 project
Second chance charity shop
We also resell items on in our Second Chance Charity Shop. These items include clothes, furniture, toys and books.
“What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others.”