Position: Fundraising and Marketing Executive
Start date: TBC
Application Closing date: 28 February 2023
Commencement of Interviews: TBC
Fundraising and Marketing Executive
Commencing soonest, The Carpenter’s Shop NPC t/a The Hope Exchange requires a Fundraising and Marketing Executive. The Hope Exchange (formerly known as The Carpenter’s Shop) has been operating from Roeland Street in the Cape Town CBD since 1981 and helps the homeless to help themselves. We improve the lives of those with no choice but to live on the streets – restoring dignity and facilitating personal growth. Our aim is to reintegrate clients back into society or reunify them with family by providing holistic social care and driving awareness for the cause.
The incumbent’s core responsibilities are to perform various marketing activities that increases The Hope Exchange’s profile and supports awareness and fundraising; and to undertake fundraising activities to secure and grow funding and donor income to meet The Hope Exchange’s strategic objectives and operational plans.
Key Performance Areas
• To plan, develop and deliver communications, public relations and marketing functions.
• To identify, attract and secure new sponsorships, donations and funding grants.
• To write and distribute funding proposals to a targeted number of potential donors, trusts,
foundations, institutions and international funders.
• To develop, nurture and maintain professional relationships with donors and to steward
existing funder relationships.
• To support income generation and new business with the marketing of The Hope Exchange’s various social enterprises.
Required Competencies and, or Experience
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Marketing and Fundraising.
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
• A relevant tertiary qualification will be advantageous.
• Strong administration, planning and organizing skills.
• Action oriented and results driven.
• Own transport and a valid driver’s license.
• Proficient in digital and social media platforms.
• Proficient in the MS Office Suite and the ability to use relevant CRM applications.
• Experience with, or an understanding of Salesforce will be beneficial.
• Knowledge and understanding of the homeless phenomenon.
• A strong background in, or an understanding of the NPO sector will be beneficial.
Applications and Closing Date
• Please quote “FME FEB’23” in the subject line, or on any application correspondence.
• Email your application in the form of a brief introduction and motivation letter (of less than page) with attached CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The closing date for applications is Monday 25 February 2023.
• Should you not receive any feedback from us within 2 weeks of the above closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The Hope Exchange reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment.